Podcasts are an entertaining and easy way to get educated whilst staying productive and going about your day-to-day business. Here at thegreenlabels, we love listening to podcasts all the time, whether we are making breakfast, cycling to work, or going thrift shopping.
Here is a selection of our latest favourite podcasts on sustainable and ethical fashion. So, earphones on, volume up, and enjoy the ride!
Wardrobe Crisis with Clare Press
Wardrobe Crisis is an inevitable podcast to listen to if you are a sustainable enthusiast! Hosted by Clare Press, the first VOGUE sustainability editor, each episode features an international guest with whom Clare Press discusses big issues facing the fashion industry.
- Sustainable fashion is a Lie Without Garment Workers at the Table – Nazma Akter
- Degendering fashion – Alok Vaid-Menon
- What is Fashion For? A Conversation about meaning with Levi’s Brainiac Paul Dillinger
- Chemical in Fashion Supply Chains
Clotheshorse by Amanda Lee McCarty
Host Amanda decodes and demystifies the fashion and retail industries, and takes on topics like consumerism, workers rights, personal style, and why fashion is a case study in capitalism gone awry. More recently, two episodes got released “Nothing is Disposable” in which guest Liz Ricketts breaks down the repercussions of this fashion overconsumption and waste on people and the planet.
Sustainable Talks with N&N
One of the fashion industry’s major issues is the industry’s lack of transparency. Sustainable Talks with N&N aims at raising awareness into the Fashion Supply chain through interviews. From Material Supplier, ESG association, NGOs to designers, professors, and innovators, listen to the two Italian hosts interview the current biggest players in the Fashion industry.
- How is plastic recycled in fashion? Mechanical recycling vs. Chemical recycling with Susanna Koelblin
- If you Greenwash, someone will find out – with Loannis Loannou from London Business School
- Mass Customisation – How technologies can help fashion to become more sustainable
- Transparency & Traceability of Supply Chain with Massimo Brandellero
The BoF Podcasts
The Business of Fashion is an essential daily resource for fashion enthusiasts, creatives, executives, and entrepreneurs from all over the world. They more specifically recently recorded podcasts on sustainability and diverse issues impacting the fashion industry.
- The Green Global Age of the Informative Revolution
- Chasing the Holy Grail of Circularity
- Unpacking Fashion’s Role in Slowing Global Warming
- In Search of Transparency: Fashion’s Data Problem
Transforming Luxury is BoF’s latest podcast series. With the help of 22 pioneering thinkers from the worlds of business, technology and luxury, creative leaders and renowned ecologists, BoF explores the future of the luxury industry from what really drives success today to the changing definition of luxury products, as well as the next generation of technological innovations and the pressing need for systemic change to create a more sustainable industry.
Common Threads is a podcast about style that doesn’t sacrifice sustainability, in which ethical fashion writer Ruth MacGilp and stylist Alice Cruickshank explore all the ways we can build a better industry.
- Ep. 33 - Appropriation or Appreciation? Cultural Sustainability with Monica Bota-Moisin
- Ep. 32 - What does Transparency have to do with Fashion?
- Ep. 30 - F**k the system: how to transform fashion with Mairi Low
- Ep. 28 - Who Made My Fabric? Fashion Revolution Week 2021
Written by Manon Peronnet